by S. Terjeson – 4/10/2011
* Gender neutral to readers?
* Identify the proper audience to write to
* Creative Short
* Simply descriptive
* Shock & Awe sentence
* Background Information – area, size, dates
* Paint the setting
* Make the reader feel like they were there
* Entice but donâ€™t exaggerate
* Involvement – “You can be…” “you can try your hand at…”
* Utilize the group experience “We traveled by train…”
* Emphasize key items “fabled Inside Passage” “majesty of Denali” “rustic Fairbanks”
* Break out regional locations in the destination -Spain-
* Realistic expectations
* Blend in languages and local names
* Historical significances
* Wildlife – Environment
* Provide examples of experiences
* Explain the feelings encountered – not sappy
* Relationship between ancient and modern
* Amenities – running water? wi-fi? bathrooms?
* Cultural faux pas & Ã©tiquette
* Staff & Local Population
* Family atmosphere and enjoyment
* Price points / low budget travel
* Initial paragraphs – decent length 2 sentences.
* Ending paragraph – 1/2 focused sentences.
* Format to draw the reader in
* Off the beaten path
* Available items, what is nearby for day trips
* Nearby attractions
* Summarize, Finalize & Tie in the topic